Saturday, June 15, 2013

GlamGlow Tingling and Exfoliating Mask


I'm back today with a review of GlamGlow's Tingling and Exfoliating Mud Mask. According to the company's website, it retails for $70, but can be found for way cheaper. The link I provided is to Amazon that sells it for $35, and I bought mine at Costco for $40. Do not buy this at Sephora! (Sorry Sephora, but ya'll are greedy and I like deals.)

I was first introduced to this mask by a friend and fellow beauty enthusiast (who now works at Sephora). Her eyes lit up when she informed me of this new mask that has volcanic rock in it and is supposed to be amaaaazing. I was a little wary of this magma mask, but was then given the opportunity to try it during a complimentary makeover I had at Sephora over the holidays. 

The mask was definitely on my radar after that, and one winter day my wonderful mother came home from a Costco trip with a little present for me! Continue reading for a review and demonstration.





So I begin the face mask process by washing my face. Usually I wash my face in the shower each morning, but when I do this mask I like to wash my face over the sink and then wash the mask off in the shower since the mask can be messy to take off over the sink. I'm using a Clarisonic Mia and Cerave Hydrating Cleanser to wash my face. (Sidenote: This cleanser is great! Very affordable and wonderful for dry skin.)



So here's the mask! It's an ugly green color, and a pretty thick consistency. As you can see, I've used quite a bit of this mask since I got it in February! I used it very sparingly at first but have since been getting into the routine of using it about once a week. 



So uh yeah. This picture is now on the internet. Awesome. (Sorry Kailey, you're no longer the only person who gets to see this via Snap Chat!) But anyways, this is the mask on my face. It starts off this green color and then dries to a lighter green/gray. The instructions say to allow 10 minutes but sometimes I forget and leave it on for 15-20. 

I'm not going to lie, this mask stings/burns when you first apply it, but you get used to it. Pain is beauty, right?



Another hot picture of me. This is the mask after 15 minutes of wearing. Once it's dry, I get in the shower and start to rinse it off. The instructions say to scrub your face with the mask as it's rinsing off, which is why I like to do this in the shower - it can get very messy! 



Here's me after the mask! I will say that you will definitely notice a difference after you rinse off the mask. Your face just feels really clean

My skin is dry with the occasional breakout (I had a real bitch on my upper forehead by my hairline when I did this mask. Luckily that f#$&^er is gone now!) I do this mask about once a week as a deep exfoliation. I will definitely be doing a post on my skincare routine soon! 

Those with sensitive skin should be careful with this mask, and I would highly recommend doing a test patch at first (apply it to only a small area of your face to make sure you won't have an allergic reaction). Another mask I love is the Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask, it's deep cleaning but is not as harsh as this one. 

Do you have a favorite deep-cleaning mask? Let me know in the comments below! 

Thanks for reading!
- Sam :)



No comments:

Post a Comment