Saturday, June 22, 2013

My favorite beauty vloggers!



I thought it would be fun to do a post on my favorite YouTube beauty vloggers. They're also known as "beauty gurus" but that term really bothers me for some reason. I definitely think my obsession with makeup grown since I've been watching YouTube videos, and I've also found out about a ton of great products thanks to these girls!


Storytime! So my obsession with makeup actually did not start until about two years ago. I was reading a Self Magazine article about the best beauty products of the year. And that's when my journey began. My mission? To find the best beauty products out there!

The article named Nars' "Deep Throat" blush to be the best blush out there, so off I went to Sephora to pick it out. I also bought Benefit's Eye Bright pencil, on a whim, because who doesn't want brighter eyes?

I came home and realized I had no idea how to use this pencil. On my lids? Under my eyes? What do? I turned to the gods of Google, and searched for tips on how to use this product. And that's how my beauty video obsession began!

(Now that I've had this pencil for a while, and gained more experience in applying the makeups, I would not reccomend it. It's not creamy enough for the eye area and doesn't blend that easily. The only place I really think it works is under the eyebrow on the browbone.)

And now for my three favorite beauty vloggers! Be sure to click the pictures to check out their YouTube channels :)

Picture source: Twitter (@missglamorazzi)

This is Ingrid, otherwise known as "MissGlamorazzi" on YouTube, and she was the first YouTuber to come to mind when I thought of doing this post. She's just really fun to watch. I always enjoy her videos on watch them all the way through. She gives excellent product recommendations and tries a good mix of drugstore and high-end makeup. Most of her videos focus on products: Get Ready with Me, Monthly Favorites, and Hauls.

Picture source: Twitter (@amarixe)

Allison, or Amarixe, is another favorite of mine. Her videos are always bright and happy, and she has an amazing makeup collection! She does awesome and easy-to-follow makeup tutorials, as well as other great videos on products and favorites. She also has a great blog that she updates daily with even more reviews and swatches!


Picture source: Twitter (@arose186)


This is Arden, or arose186, and she is the youngest vlogger on this list. There is an insane amount of high-school aged girls in the beauty community on YouTube, and she is one of the few that I watch. She is the beauty vlogger that looks most like me (pale, green eyes, light brown hair....in case you didn't know?) so I like to watch out for what products she loves. She's also hilarious and seems more mature than many of the other girls her age on YouTube.



There are obviously a ton more beauty vloggers on YouTube, and I subscribe to quite a few - the difference is, I skip about half of the videos that show up on my feed. Or I don't get all the way through a video for whatever reason. These girls are the ones that stand out to me! They also all focus more on the product aspect of beauty (as opposed to actual technique), which I tend to watch more often. However, I will do a separate post on my favorite makeup artists that have YouTube channels soon!

Thanks for reading :)
- Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment