Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My favorite summer blush!



So I'm like, really pale. While everyone else is getting excited to get their summer tan on, I'm stocking up on aloe vera. (This is why I'm really excited to be living in Seattle for the summer, because everyone else here is pale like me!) Because I've completely given up on tanning naturally, I turn to the wonders of makeup instead. Today, I present to you my favorite "summer" blush, Benefit's Coralista!





Like every single Benefit product, the package is adorable. Makes it feel like the $28 you're spending is worth it because it's pretty.


It's your basic coral blush with just a hint of shimmer.



I love Benefit blushes because they're pigmented enough where you can actually see the blush, but not too pigmented where you're nervous to put it on everyday because you always apply too much (cough cough, NYX, cough).  


Oh hey, it's my face! I applied it with the Real Techniques Blush brush (which I love even more now that I saw it used in Taylor Swift's "22" music video!") This was taken in natural light, although remember I live in Seattle so it was not sunny. Perhaps one day it will be sunny and I can edit this post with a pic of this blush in the sun :)

I'm also wearing: Revlon Colorstay, Erase Paste, Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer, Too Faced Pink Leopard Bronzer, Stila stay all day liquid liner, Maybelline Colossal cat eyes mascara, and Nars cruising lipstick. 

Benefit is available at Sephora, Ulta, Macy's, and Benefit Boutiques. Yes, this blush is quite pricey at $28, but Benefit boxed powders seriously last forever. I've had this blush for over a year and wore it every day back in Summer 2012 and I've barely made a dent in mine. 


Love Coralista too? Have a favorite blush you think I should try out? Let me know in the comments! 

1 comment: