Saturday, October 6, 2012

September Birchbox


Birchbox is a sample subscription service. For $10 a month, you will receive an adorable pink box in the mail filled with five samples of makeup, skincare, and hair care products, as well as one sample of a lifestyle product. There is always one "full size" item in the box, and the boxes are usually worth more than $10. I did the fancy math and figured out exactly how much money each sample was technically worth to make sure this box was worth the price!

(I also apologize in advance for the lack of quality in these picture. I took these with my Canon Powershot instead of my Nikon D40. All future posts will be taken with the Nikon D40!)





A card is included in each box that explains the "theme" of that month, as well as lists the products and how much they cost full-size. I should also mention that Birchbox has an online store that offers free shipping on any of the full-size products in your box. They also reward you with "Birchbox" points for each purchase you make in the store. 100 points = $1 in the store. 




The first product is the Vastanti BrightUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator. 20g is about .7 oz, and a full-size of this is $34 for about 4 oz so the value of this sample is about $5.90


This is the Brush Guard Variety Pack. I read on other blogs/makeup communities that a lot of people were disappointed in this sample, but I actually really like it! I have damaged makeup brushes while traveling before so this will really help with my larger brushes. For a four pack of these it retails for $5.50 and there is three in here so this value is about $4.10.

So with just the first two products, the box's value is already at $10!


Product numero tres is the WEI To Go Sleepover Kit. The sample includes two packets of cleanser and one packet of what appears to be a tinted-moisturizer. The full-size offers three packets of the tinted moisturizer and one tube of the cleanser, so the value of this sample is about $2.30


When you first open the box, you can see that some of the samples are wrapped up in tissue paper and tied in a pretty little package. Inside were three more samples. The third sample is a perfume sample, BVLGARI's Mon Jasmin Noir. A full-size of this is $83 for 50 mL, so this sample is worth $2.50. (Forgot to take an individual picture of the perfume, sorry!)


The next item is a hair tie, the "Twistband Lace up". I've received this type of hair tie in a previous box, and ended up ordering a 12 pack. These hair ties are great because they don't crease your hair and they look really cute in your hair or around your wrist. The prices vary between a 12 pack of these or a 6 pack, but an individual hair tie is valued at about $2.


The final item is a nail polish. This a Color Club Polish (will edit with name once I find it...). A full-size is $8, so this sample is worth $4.


So there's everything! The total of this box came to $20.80! So I definitely got my money's worth! If you are at all interested, I would recommend signing up for maybe just one month just to try it out! I've had my box for almost a year now and I still love it! Birchboxes also make wonderful gifts, and they even offer a Birchbox for Men!

No comments:

Post a Comment